Sunday, May 15, 2011

Senior Project

My first week of Senior Project was amazing! I’m still going to school every single day from 8:25am-3:30pm, and even stay working until the late bus unless there’s a baseball game. I’ve spent the first two days mostly cutting out images and putting together some small combinations. Then, all of a sudden I grabbed a huge poster board and started coming up with bigger ideas; these “gender bending” collages will definitely range in size. I notice that I’ve been playing around with black and white vs. color, and I’ve started out with some really iconic and simple images. I won’t just stick to that though. I plan to use tissue paper and tracing paper to add on some transparent layers, and Mr. Enright (my advisor) has already told me before that what I consider “overworked” tends to be my best work. So basically, I need to stop being so analytical and go a little crazy. Cool! I’ve also been keeping a journal. My journal is a big sketchbook. I take notes in it during my studio time and write in it every day. A lot of the pages so far also have images I really like and would like to imitate somehow, quotes that relate to my topic, and sticky notes from the book that I’m reading. I’m taking notes on Post-It’s since I borrowed this book from Ms. Quarshie. It’s My Gender Workbook by Kate Bornstein, who doesn’t identify as a man or a woman, and it’s PERFECT. It really is a workbook that asks questions and gives me ideas for exploring my own sense of gender.

 

seniorproject

sp

No comments:

Post a Comment